Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Palin



Sarah Palin will be speaking at the RNC tonite.

I'm curious to hear what she has to say.

Rumor has it, that she intends to slam Barack Obama.

I hope Governor Palin sticks to the issues.

I somehow doubt that she will.

I won't be voting for her anyway; but still, this is an historic moment. I hope Governor Palin will rise above partisan politics and speak her peace without trying to tear any other person down.

Ms. Palin claims she's a Christian. For me, proof of that won't be in found in Governor Palin's professed love for the Republican Party, or in her professed love for the United States of America. No, for me the proof will be found in how well she demonstrates love for her professed enemies....people like me, a liberal Democrat.

This whole convention business sickens me. As far as I can see, both parties have done nothing more than set aside four day extravaganzas devoted to their own self-indulgent behaviors and hate speech.

In the end, I doubt that Governor Palin with all of her party's claims about being an Evangelical Christian and a political maverick will be much different than anyone else.

And so it goes....ad nauseum

No comments: